Equipment financing can present numerous challenges, especially in a tough economy. Structuring the most effective and advantageous transactions requires the insight of skilled legal counsel. Jencks Law, P.C. represents financial service companies (including independent leasing and finance companies, commercial banks and subsidiaries or divisions of commercial banks) in all aspects of a wide variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, including in connection with:
- Origination of true leases of equipment to operating lessees (i.e. finance leases under Article 2A of the Uniform Commercial Code).
- Origination of secured loans to borrowers collateralized by equipment (i.e. secured transactions under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code).
- Workouts and restructurings of troubled equipment finance transactions, including those in bankruptcy.
- Collections and enforcement of rights under equipment financing in default situations, including foreclosure on and recovery of equipment.
- Litigation arising out of disputes under equipment financing documentation, or disputes arising out of the use, possession, and ownership of equipment.
Our firm has extensive experience in transactions involving letters of credit, interest rate options, as well as syndicated transactions, intercreditor, participation and subordination agreements drafted on behalf of lead lenders.