Jencks Law, P.C. has been engaged in the factoring and commercial finance industry for over 20 years. The firm represents a number of factors, local and regional banks, asset-based lenders, equipment financing companies and other finance lenders on a local, regional and national level. We represent and routinely counsel over 50 factors on a range of issues including:
- Contracts and documentation
- Operational best practices
- Due diligence
- Large and advanced collections
- Bankruptcy issues (client and debtor)
- DIP financing
- Preference claims
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Risk Management
The firm’s specialty and large segment of practice is representing transportation factors nationwide. Jencks Law, P.C. is pleased to represent and work with over 30 transportation factors on such issues as contract documentation, collections, litigation, office operations and best practices, fraud prevention and mitigation, and advising in transportation issues and law that affect the factor.
The services provided to transportation factors extends beyond the law. We provide in-house consultations on all aspects of office operations, the paper of transportation, industry trends, collection assistance, credit and field examination support and marketing consultation. We work with a network of local counsel across the country chairing or co-chairing transportation factoring litigation as well.
The firm is pleased to serve as a presenter and representative to the International Factoring Association with regard to articles, seminars and training classes in the area of transportation factoring and working with small and entrepreneurial factors. Some of the topics presented include:
- Revenue Enhancing Measures
- Comprehensive Auditing and Processing of Transportation Paper
- Effective and Targeted Marketing
- Problem Loads and Mitigation
- Transportation Fraud Schemes and Protective Measures
- Credit Information – Where to get it and what to do with it
- Factoring Transportation Brokers and Other Intermediaries
- What FMCSA and DOT Compliance Means to you
- Customizing the Transportation Factoring Contract
- Effective Collection Techniques
- Transportation Law and Industry Updates
- Additional Products You Can Offer
The firm also provides services to banks in agricultural and commercial foreclosures and large collection actions. We provide support in loan documentation, title clearing and asset securitization.
We are pleased to offer our services, experience, expertise and assistance to you. We work with our clients’ needs in order to provide solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Please feel free to contact us to discuss our services further and for the services you desire.